Well established Sandwich Shop with a renowned reputation for sale
- Asking Price: £59,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the buisness generated a turnover in the region of £100,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06882
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06882
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Number One Sandwich Bar which is a well-established Sandwich Shop with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular and unusually busy local business in an area teeming with customers.
This is definitely not your average Sandwich Shop!
There has been a takeaway at these premises for a number of years and the current owners have run it as Number One Sandwich Bar for the last 12 years or so. The business has flourished under their ownership accruing many regular customers and a burgeoning reputation, the business has been a real labour of love for them.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with heavy hearts only due to a need to concentrate on their other business interest. The vendors are keen to see their beloved business passed to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Number One Sandwich Bar prides itself on the quality of its food which is freshly prepared on the premises using local ingredients wherever possible. The business caters for everyone’s needs serving up fresh seasonal food for vegetarians, vegans and meat eaters alike.
The business offers a constantly evolving menu including;
- Breakfasts including an all-day option
- Breakfast in a box
- Jacket Potatoes
- Hot and cold drinks
- Daily Specials
- Hot Pork Rolls
- Salad Boxes
- Hot and cold sandwiches
- Crisps and Snacks
- Ice Creams
Additionally the business offers outside catering for parties, weddings and private hire and offers a range of catering packages.
The business enjoys great visibility on the internet via websites such as www.tripadvisor.co.uk, www.yell.com, www.192.com, www,thomsonlocal.com etc along with impressive reviews such as ;
- “Best place in Ledbury for a salad box or a breakfast baguette“
- “Service very good, food excellent“
- “Super tea after a funeral. Lashings of hot tea and coffee, tasty sandwiches and delicious cakes”
Scope to Improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign, a local leaflet drop often yields good results
- Extend the opening hours, perhaps opening on a Sunday to make the most of the tourist trade
- Introduce a Sandwich round delivering locally to local businesses, there are a number of industrial estates in close proximity
- Explore delivery options from the likes of Just Eat, Uber eats and Deliveroo etc
- Website with menus and ideally an online ordering facility.
- Consider opening up the first floor to customers wishing to ‘eat in.’
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Prime trading position in the centre of this lovely town
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
- Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- All fixtures, fittings and equipment included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits even further, vendors are currently running at a pace to suit.
This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
We are advised that the business is run and managed by the owners mother, with the help of 4 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – 7:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesday – 7:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday – 7:00am – 3:00pm
Thursday – 7:00am – 3:00pm
Friday – 7:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday – 7:30am – 2:30pm
Sunday - Closed
Number One Sandwich Bar is located in Ledbury.
Ledbury is a market town and civil parish in the county of Herefordshire, lying east of Hereford and west of the Malvern Hills.
Ledbury is a prosperous town of small and independent traders and has close ties to agricultural industries. With the addition of the towns by-pass in 1989 the population rapidly expanded to nearly 10,000 according to the 2011 census.
The main roads through the town are the A449 and A417 and the M50 motorway runs to the south . Ledbury railway station is near the western end of the Cotswold line and offers direct services to Hereford, Worcester, Birmingham, Oxford and London Paddington.
Bus services are operated by First Worcestershire and DRM Bus.
Ledbury has an income from tourism, being steeped in history in a rural area, with pubs for visitors and locals alike.
The business is ideally located in the main shopping area and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses and is opposite the entrance/ exit to the main car park in the town and thus benefits from really high levels of footfall and passing along with regular custom.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery.
The business occupies two floors of a period property and is beautifully presented and fastidiously maintained. The business briefly comprises;
Shop - Windows and glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior, tiled floor, fluorescent lighting, air/heating conditioning, glass fronted serve over counter, glass topped ice cream freezer, open plan kitchen with glass fronted drinks chiller, two under counter fridges, two upright fridges, Indesit under counter freezer, 4 slot toaster, Panini machine, range of base units with complimentary, wood effect, work top, Samsung microwave, Morphy Richards microwave, meat slicer, fridge/freezer, 2 burner induction hob, extraction system with stainless steel canopy, new Buffalo griddle, chalked menu boards, stainless steel sink and drainer, magnetic utensil storage, separate hand wash basin, stainless steel urn, hot pork station.
Under stairs Cupboard - Providing useful additional storage.
There is also a bathroom with a toilet and wash basin and a combi boiler.
Office - With twin windows to front, space for desk and filing cabinets etc, perimeter shelving.
Dry Goods / Freezer Room - With fluorescent lighting, heavy duty shelving, upright freezer and chest freezer.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with a new mutually acceptable lease to be offered to a new owner. The rent is £8,000 per annum.