Long Standing Florist
- Asking Price: £11,000 +SAV
Accounts will be made available to interested buyers.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Hilton Smythe are delighted to bring to the market an opportunity to acquire a thriving and long-standing florist business with an enviable reputation within the popular Fife coastal town of Leven.
The Green Room has been trading for many years and has been under ownership of our client since 2014. It is only now that the business is on the market for sale as our client looks to take well-earned retirement.
The business sells summer flowers, funeral flowers, wedding flowers and special occasion flowers as well as a wide range of, hand tied bouquets and flower arrangements in containers. The Green Room prides itself on using only the best harvests imported from various flower markets, resulting in the business being the florist of choice for many local businesses and educational facilities. They also offer same day local delivery.
The business further benefits from having a thriving Christmas tree business towards the end of the year, with circa 300 trees per year being sold around late November & early December, along with having room to expand & offer a garden centre side to the business for external plants etc.
We feel there is Scope to Improve turnover by: -
- Maximising the use of social media,
- Introduce an outdoor plant area / garden centre
- Undertaking a robust advertising and marketing campaign to highlight the business,
- Review & extend the opening hours,
- Increase some of the retail lines to include gift cards & small gifts,
- Expand the corporate side of the business supplying to local businesses etc,
- Attend wedding fairs,
- Introduce flower arranging courses in the evening,
- Consider a customer loyalty card / scheme along with exploring online voucher discounters such as Groupon and Wowcher,
- There is also the possibility of introducing the lucrative online delivery service via interflora etc.
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation, with many repeat visitors, with potential to grow
- Little or no competition locally
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business.
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business
- A real Lifestyle business offering an ambitious new owner the opportunity to work in a thriving community.
- The business is well established, has a great reputation so will appeal to a wide range of potential buyers.
The business is run & managed by the current owner along with 3 other members of staff on varying hours.
The business currently operates 12 months of the year.
The business is in a prime trading location within the popular & thriving Blacketyside farm shop just to the east of the popular coastal town of Leven in Fife.
The business location benefits from being included within the busy farm shop area with its own tearoom & butchers, leading to an impressive level of passing trade.
The coastal town of Leven is situated near the mouth of the River Leven on the Firth of Forth. The Town lies 7 miles east of Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy.
Leven is well serviced in terms of local amenities and provides schooling and recreational facilities comprising modern swimming pool, & an abundance of local independent retailers.
Leven also boasts two golf courses, Scoonie and Leven Links. The home of golf St Andrews can be found 17 miles away.
The A955 links the Town to Kirkcaldy which in turn links with the A92 to Dunfermline and Edinburgh (35 miles to Edinburgh). Benefiting from local bus services the nearest rail facility can be found at Markinch (6 miles) approximately.
The business is in a bright annex space within a large, thriving farm shop with café and consists of:
- Main Shop area with entrances from the car park area & also the main farm shop area.
- Large service counter & preparation area with, order & payment point.
- Various perimeter flower display stands & shelving.
- Externally there is a generous area that could be utilised to provide outdoor bedding plants / possible garden centre facility.
We are advised that tenure is offered on a leasehold basis
Lease – rolling annual contract
Rent - 12% of monthly turnover